Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My iPod says a lot about me

The Onion has a section where they have someone famous listen to their iPod on shuffle and then talk about the songs. And no cheating, skipping the embarrassing songs.

I'm not famous (yet) but I do have an iPod. And I've been listening to it on shuffle while I work on this script. And instead of continuing to work on my script, like I should be doing, I will share the first seven songs I've heard.

Monkey Gone To Heaven - Pixies

You either like the Pixies or you are an ass.

Hush - Deep Purple

This song will now be stuck in my head for two days.

Que Sera, Sera/You Oughta Know - The Dan Band

This is from a concert CD of The Dan Band, which is the band that plays the hilarious "Total Eclipse of the Heart" at Frank's wedding in the movie Old School. Yes, I have The Dan Band on my iPod. Love me.

I Love You, Baby - Brak

Brak, from Space Ghost. Singing. Love me more.

Soap Star Joe - Liz Phair

Liz Phair is the kind of gal I love...because I'm also a little afraid of her.

Black and White World - Elvis Costello & the Attractions

I'll always be jealous of Danny, who got to meet him. Bastard.

Manifest/Outro - The Fugees

This reminds me - I really need to see Dave Chappelle's Block Party. Maybe I'll rent it tonight and watch that instead of finishing this script...

SPECIAL BONUS SONGS THAT PLAYED WHILE TYPING THIS VERY POST:

Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani

Shut up.

Transformer - Gnarls Barkley

This song rocks. As my good friend Baron says, if they don't use this song in the upcoming Transformers movie, they are stupid, stupid people.

Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles

Frankly, I'm surprised it took this long for my iPod to play a Beatles song.