Monday, January 16, 2006

The Spambots Read My Blog!

A week ago, I wrote this post, in which I happened to mention I love coffee. Actually, what I said was:

I looooove coffee. In fact, right now - as I type these very words - I am drinking freshly-brewed coffee from a giant Superman mug. It's enormous, three cups worth. If you ever visit my folks, there are always endless pots of coffee brewing in the kitchen. It's heavenly.


And what should end up in my hotmail account a few days later? Why, an e-mail:


From : For Coffee Lovers
Reply-To : "coffeelover@superoverdriven.com"
Sent : Monday, January 16, 2006 3:19 PM
To :
Subject : A Free Starbucks Gift Card





Mention you love coffee, get unsolicited e-mails offering you free coffee. Good to know.

Have I mentioned that I looooooove a million dollars?