Saturday, January 22, 2005

Simon says: "Go. Snow."

As the snow piles up outside my apartment, I kind of miss being in school on a day like today. Because it would have meant a snow day. And there is no better feeling on earth than waking up and discovering that you DON'T have to go to school.

I've been waking up knowing that I don't have to go to school for quite some time now...but it's just not the same as the sweet morning surprise of a snow day. That invigorating feeling of waking up, rubbing the sleep from your eyes, peeking out the window, and suddenly discovering that there was indeed a Lord Almighty and by golly, He blessed you with a genuine miracle, Praised be His Name.

Now, a snow day means that I need to dig my car out of a snowbank, shovel out a path for myself, and continue on with my normal daily activities, freezing and shivering in Hoth-like conditions, but without the benefit of having a cool tauntaun. And I don't get the day off. Because I'm NOT in school. And it's Saturday.

Oh, well. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.