Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Excelsior!

Face front, true believers! This entry is not for the faint of heart or the weak of knees! It's a tale of two titans, boisterously battling for their beliefs in a raucous rumble roaring into record books and the awesome annals of austerity.

This is like when your parents fight.

On the one hand, I think it's awesome that Stan "the Man" Lee has won his case against Marvel. Even if Marvel plans to appeal the decision. On the other hand, it's one more way in which my childhood has been tarnished, as I must face the grim reality that Stan may have once called Marvel "the House of Ideas," but in reality, Marvel is nothing more than a corporate-owned entity, intent on turning a profit from my much-beloved characters. Which, of course, is their right. It just sucks when you have to grow up and see things for what they are. All I can do now is sheepishly ask, can I still "Make Mine Marvel?"