Sunday, March 18, 2007

"No time for love, Dr. Jones"

From the wires:


Blanchett Could Be 'Indy's' Next Love

Cate Blanchett is in negotiations to star opposite Harrison Ford in the long-awaited fourth installment of the "Indiana Jones" series, her publicist confirmed Saturday.
"She is in negotiations, yes," publicist Lisa Kasteler told The Associated Press. She did not elaborate.

Filming is scheduled to begin later this year, with Steven Spielberg on board to direct. The movie is being produced by "Star Wars" creator George Lucas' Lucasfilm Ltd.

Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark," 1984's "Temple of Doom" and 1989's "The Last Crusade."


Am I the only one hoping for Marion? I mean, she was really the only gal worthy of Indiana Jones. And at whatever age he's going to be in the movie, I kinda was hoping it would have all worked out for those two crazy kids in the end.

Also, after Princess Leia, Karen Allen was my third childhood crush. (Wonder Woman was my first, but that's a whole...different...it's a long story, we don't need to get into it...)


I'm a little torn here. I LOVE Indiana Jones. I think Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of the most perfectly constructed movies ever made and one of the greatest films of all time. And as much as I want to see more Indiana Jones, do I really want to see more Indiana Jones?




Especially a new Indiana Jones movie that will come out 19 years after the last installment?


Isn't this just one more last grasp at recreating/reconnecting with nostalgia?

Oh, don't worry. I'll see it. I mean. Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford. Of course.



Good for Cate Blanchett, though.

Ya know, it's funny. She was born in 1969; Harrison Ford was born in 1942. That's a 27 year difference. Which is exactly the difference in age between the new Indiana Jones movie (2008) and Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981).