Friday, May 26, 2006

welcome back, Kal-El

Actual conversation between me and Ross. Edited for our own protection. And yes. These are the things geeks talk about.


Me: ...but I just don't buy that he left the Earth for 10 years after Superman II.

Ross: I'm sure they'll give him a good reason.

Me: I'm guessing that's how the movie starts. "Bad shit happened and then Superman took off."

Ross: If they don't explain it, the next movie better be called: Superman Returns 2: The Really Good Reson Why The Hell He Left in the First Place!

Me: And are they gonna explain why everyone looks younger? Superman looks younger han he did in the first movie.

Ross: That's what happens to you in space.

Me: Superman's really from Ork?

Ross: See? You just explained it. And Lois has a kid now, who's Jonathan Winters.

Me:But the entire premise is flawed. Because at the end of Superman II, he puts the flag on the White House and he's all, "I'm sorry I let you down. It won't happen again." And then he jut flies off for 10 years?! It doesn't make sense.

Ross: They're keeping the continuity of the first two movies, right? But they're ignoring Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace?

Me: THAT would be a good reason. I would use Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace as the justification for him leaving Earth. THAT I could buy.