Friday, May 12, 2006

All Apologies


Reports said to confirm lawsuit linking
AT&T to `data mining'

By Pete Carey
Mercury News

It's not just phone calls, it's e-mail, too, according to a lawsuit that accuses AT&T of turning over vast amounts of domestic phone and Internet traffic to the National Security Agency.


As a stand-up comic, a member of the US Army Reserve, a politically active citizen, and a graduate student...I've probably said some things. Over e-mail, on the cell phone, on the stage...

...things.

Things that...you know...I mean, people say things. Satirical things. Acerbic things. Crazy things.

Jokes, really.

Anyway, let's just say, I've said some things.

So, with the latest revelations of this massive betrayal of privacy by private corporations who would turn you over to a faceless government bureaucracy for a few tax credits...

...Let me just apologize to any and everyone who I may have said some things to.

I'd hate to think that Ross now has a sleeper agent hiding in the trunk of his car ready to schiv him because he joked about the United 93 movie. Not to name names, BIG BROTHER. ha ha ha. Sorry, Ross.

I'd hate to think that some joke I may have made in a comedy club could endanger said club and its staff and performers.

It's just that, uh, because of me, somewhere, it's very possible that a SWAT team is busting down the doors of a Chuckle Hut right now.

Sorry.