Monday, May 01, 2006

Cajones

Standing 10 feet away from the President, Stephen Colbert said many things last night.

So many quotes to choose from...


I stand by this man. I stand by this man because he stands for things. Not only for things, he stands on things. Things like aircraft carriers and rubble and recently flooded city squares. And that sends a strong message, that no matter what happens to America, she will always rebound -- with the most powerfully staged photo ops in the world.
----------------
I'm sorry, but this reading initiative. I'm sorry, I've never been a fan of books. I don't trust them. They're all fact, no heart. I mean, they're elitist, telling us what is or isn't true, or what did or didn't happen. Who's Britannica to tell me the Panama Canal was built in 1914? If I want to say it was built in 1941, that's my right as an American! I'm with the president, let history decide what did or did not happen.
-----------------
Joe Wilson is here, Joe Wilson right down here in front, the most famous husband since Desi Arnaz. And of course he brought along his lovely wife Valerie Plame. Oh, my god! Oh, what have I said? [looks horrified] I am sorry, Mr. President, I meant to say he brought along his lovely wife Joe Wilson's wife. Patrick Fitzgerald is not here tonight? OK. Dodged a bullet.


He never broke character, he never pulled a punch. He made a room full of some of the most powerful people in the world squirm. I love this country.

God Bless Stephen Colbert, who exemplifies truthiness and is a true American patriot.

Watch the video via Crooks and Liars or via YouTube. Uncomfortably biting, indeed.