Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Another good reason to own a Time Machine...

Roadhouse: The Play.

I wish I had known about this before it closed. Seriously. I would have paid good money to see Bruce LeeRoy playing Patrick Swayze in this loving tribute to the 1989 classic. Seriously. You're telling me you wouldn't wanna see this:



Of course you wanna see that. You'd shriek with delight upon hearing Dalton utter the immortal words: "It'll get worse before it gets better." You'd thrill to the tawdry spectacle of rowdy sex and violence. And you'd shed genuine tears over Wade's heartbreaking death. This was probably amazing. And I'll never get to see it live.

And I live here, dammit! I could have seen this if I knew about it BEFORE it closed. How could I have been so out of the loop?!

From the New York Times:

A ridiculous movie is reincarnated as a ridiculous stage show at 27 Barrow Street in Greenwich Village, where the cast of "Road House" will be bashing bottles, hurling chairs, stabbing heroes and villains, ripping out throats, indulging in murder and arson and baring backsides and breasts...



And this glowing review from in-nyc:

Road House, the play, is a hoot of a show ­ out-camping the campy original and filled with hysterically funny fight scenes. The actors literally give their all, flying through the air in barroom brawl after brawl. ... Timothy Haskell has every reason to be very proud of his show - it rocks!



I bet it was the most awesomest thing ever. That's right. Most. Awesomest. Thing. Ever.

And I went and saw the Gates, instead. Dammit.