Friday, August 24, 2007

A Real American Hero

From Variety:

Paramount Pictures has set Stephen Sommers to direct "G.I. Joe," the live-action feature based on Hasbro's line of action figures.

The studio is hiring a writer immediately
, and has set a February production start for a summer 2009 release.


Fine. I'll write it for you.

What are my credentials?

Well, I had every single G.I. Joe action figure as a kid, watched every episode of the cartoon, and have a nearly complete run of the original Marvel comics series. I still have my G.I. Joe dog tags and the mail-order "original" action figure based on me.

I have an MFA in Dramatic Writing from the Tisch School of the Arts at NYU where I studied screenwriting under the likes of Jeremy Pikser (Bullworth) and the legendary Walter Bernstein (Fail Safe, The Front).

What else, what else.

Oh, yes.



I'M IN THE ARMY!!!

Seriously.

Attention Paramount. You NEED to hire me for this project. Have your people call my peo...um, you know what? You can just call me direct. Drop me a line. Send me a text.

Seriously.

Yo Joe.