Sunday, February 26, 2006

weekend SITREP

Friday:

2 shows, both went exceptionally well.

Rififi was packed, mostly thanks to the large group of folks who came out to see Max Silvestri and Abe Smith. They have a great group of supportive friends. A few o' my pals also came out to support me, and that was nice, too. Warmed my bitter little heart.

I opened the show. It went well. I think I even managed to get a decent tape out of the deal.

So that was a nice start to the evening.

Much thanks to Greg Johnson for throwing me up and to Dan Newbower for taping my set. He had a great set, too. And to Brian Longwell for doing a great job. And to Max and Abe, as well, for great sets and for bringing out most of the crowd. Thanks all around!

After meeting and greeting with the Rififi crowd, I high-tailed it uptown to the 45th Street Theatre for the 11 PM Laughing Liberally show. Peeking out into the audience, I noticed two familiar faces, Josh Kantor and Mary Eaton from back home in Boston, MA. What the hell were they doing here in NYC? At 11 o'clock at night?! They were there to see me. Awwww.

I closed out the show. Great show, in fact, featuring the lovely Jen Dziura on hosting duties and the left-leaning comedy stylings of Bob Smith and Syd Bernstein. Their very funny sets were followed by Jaime Jackson rocking the pi-a-no.

Man, I thought to myself, I don't wanna follow a musical act.

But, I was closing out this show, so I figured I should at least act like a closer. Which I did. And I had a blast. Tried some new stuff, felt very loose, had fun with the audience, got some very positive feedback, and overall, felt great about the set.

So, thanks to all involved! Well done, lads and ladies.

Saturday, another Boston friend of mine was in town with her kick-ass band, The Saturday Saints. They rocked the Knitting Factory last night and if you've not yet heard them, you need to correct that.

Check out their demo online.

Click here for WALKING BY THE SEA.

You're welcome.